Charity Containers Travel More Than 412,000 miles as Mobile Billboards to Raise Funds and Awareness
OAK BROOK, Ill., Nov. 01, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hub Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:HUBG), one of the largest multi-modal transportation solutions providers in North America, announced today that more than $150,000 has been raised to date as its award-winning #CauseContainer cause marketing campaign enters its third year.
The campaign, which features custom-painted, 53-foot intermodal containers that serve as mobile billboards and can be tracked in real-time, raises awareness and funds for charity organizations. Since October 2015, the #CauseContainers have traveled more than 412,000 miles on the nation’s roads and rails, providing at least 55 million impressions, worth an ad equivalency of nearly $2 million. Funds are raised through social media engagement. For every unique photo of a #CauseContainer posted on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn, Hub Group donates $100 to the corresponding charity.
As it begins year three, the #CauseContainer campaign is growing by adding four containers to the fleet, bringing the total number to 13. At least one dedicated container represents each of the following partner non-profit organizations:
- National Park Foundation, the official charity of America’s national parks, which helps protect parks, connect people to them and engage the next generation of park supporters;
- Chicago Blackhawks Charities, the official charity of the Chicago Blackhawks, which focuses on health, wellness, education and housing for local families;
- Bright Pink, which educates about breast and ovarian cancer prevention and early detection;
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, the top children’s hospital in Illinois and one of the top children’s hospitals in the nation; and
- Fisher House Foundation, which provides free housing to military, veterans and their families during times of medical crisis.
“The Cause Container campaign transports a message of hope and action—not only for the charities we are proud to have as partners, but for our employees and customers too,” said Donald G. Maltby, Hub Group President and Chief Operating Officer.
In addition to donating $100 for each unique #CauseContainer photo posted to social media, Hub Group will donate an additional $1 each time an original photo is shared, for a total contribution up to $20,000 per organization. To learn more about Hub Group’s #CauseContainer cause marketing campaign go to www.CauseContainer.com or visit the hashtag gallery to read #CauseContainer stories from the road.
About Hub Group
Hub Group is a transportation management company that provides multi-modal solutions throughout North America, including intermodal, truck brokerage, dedicated and logistics services. As a publicly traded company with over $3.5 billion in revenue, Hub Group’s organization of over 4,000 employees delivers innovative, customer-focused solutions and industry leading service to help customers better control supply chains and their costs. For more information, visit www.hubgroup.com.
Hub Group Inc. CONTACT: Elena Izakson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 630.795.2202
Source: Hub Group, Inc.